Frequently Asked Question
- What forms of payment are accepted? Also, are gratuities included in your prices?
- Are there any additional items I need to have available and on-hand?
- What are your reservation and cancellation policies?
- What is the typical length of a spa party?
- What days and times do you hold parties?
- How far do you travel and do you have travel fees?
- How many technicians attend the party?
- What are your safety policies?
- What should the girls wear to the party?
- What setup is required to have a mobile spa birthday in my home?
1. What forms of payment are accepted? Also, are gratuities included in your prices?
We accept cash and cheques are accepted if a major credit card is on file. To keep our prices optimal, we do not typically accept credit cards, although we can accept if no other method is possible (additional charges may apply). Gratuities are customary and always appreciated, however they are at your discretion and are not included in any service, gift certificate or package.
2. Are there any additional items I need to have available and on-hand?
For liability reasons, we do not bring candles but you may wish to do so. We bring along spa and top 40 music, however if you would like specific music, you may have an MP3 player on hand to play in our docking station.
3. What are your reservation and cancellation policies?
We welcome short notice bookings but to avoid disappointment we recommend that you book well in advance. We are almost always are booked within 2 weeks, likely 3 weeks, but often 4 weeks. Even if you do not know which party package or the amount of girls, we recommend booking your desired time and date with us as soon as possible in order to have your choice date and time.
We require a small non-refundable credit card deposit to hold your reservation. Party cancellations require 14 days. Failure to provide sufficient notice will result in full service charges to the Party Organizer’s credit card provided on our spa party agreement. We request that clients RSVP at least one week in advance with a confirmed booking including: number of girls, spa package, beauty kits and any additional add-ons. As we do reserve time and staff based upon final confirmations, full services charges will still apply on any late cancellations (within 48 hours of the party) or no show appointments. Feel Fabulous will however provide added services of equal value (ie. extra nail art on the girls) in place of the late cancellations and no-shows.
4. What is the typical length of a spa party?
Parties are approx. 2-3 hours long depending upon the spa party package and beauty kit activities. Due to unforeseen circumstances we may run over the allotted time. For this reason, we recommend getting parents to pick their children up 30 minutes (at a minimum) to 1 hour after our scheduled end time.
5. What days and times do you hold parties?
We are available everyday from 10am to 9pm. Although we have some flexibility, we usually try to book parties in particular party slots. On Saturdays our first party slot begins at 11/12pm, and the second party begins at 4/4:30pm. For sleepovers, we can do a later start time, such as 6/6:30pm. On Sundays, our parties begin at 11am and 3pm.
6. How far do you travel and do you have travel fees?
So long as our schedule permits, we will travel as far as necessary! Unlike many other party companies, our employees are employees, not contractors - as they should rightfully be under regulations established by the CRA. As our staff are employees, Employment Standards Law requires that the driving technician whom carries supplies from our storage to your home is reimbursed for her vehicle expenses. In order to have control over our costs and travel expenses, a small travel fee, based on a per km rate may apply depending upon the party location. The travel fees charged go directly to the driving technician to compensate her for her vehicle expenses solely, as we as a company reimburse our technicians for the time spent traveling.
7. How many technicians attend the party?
The number of technicians vary depending upon the package. Our party packages are based upon 10 girls, and have a set number of technicians to complete the package within the designated time. Similarly, if you have 5 girls, you would require half the amount of technicians. We aim to have the party completed within 2.5 hours, so if your party doesn't fit one of the packages completely, we simply add up the service times (viewable on the spa menu tab), divided by 150 minutes (2.5 hours), to give us a number like 1.8, which would mean we require 2 technicians. If your party only requires one technician, we may be able to bring a second technician for a small additional charge.
8. What are your safety policies?
- One-time use implements wherever possible
- All brushes, headbands, towels and bath robes are cleaned after each use
- Makeup is hypo-allergenic
- Individual product portions used wherever possible
- Manicure and pedicure bowls cleansed per health department and industry standards with the highest level of chemo-sterilant; disposable pedicure basin liners when working on a mobile basis
- Comprehensive training for all employees in cross contamination management and spa treatment protocols
- Parents fill out a consent form, informing us of any allergies or health concerns
- Comprehensive third-party liability and product insurance
9. What should the girls wear to the party?
Depending on the nature of your spa party you might want to ask the girls to come in their pyjama's, bathrobes and slippers. If you are having more of a 'princess' theme, get each girl to come in her favourite dress!
10. What setup is required to have a mobile spa birthday in my home?
We actually only require a very small space. The best setup for manicure/pedicure treatments is on a couch. For pedicure services the girls sit on the couch with their feet on a stool and our technicians have a comfortable cushion to sit on in front of them. For the manicure services the girls also sit on a couch, and we use a floating manicure table that we place on the girls' laps. Our technician sits on a chair in front of the girls while performing their manicure service. A chair is sufficient for one technician and a couch (6 feet x 4 feet of floor space) is perfect for two technicians. We ask that you move any coffee tables away if they are close to the couch, so that our technicians will have room to sit in front of the couch.